Reversed Engineered Object: Final Renders

 And it's finally done! My reverse engineered object is this screwdriver that looks like a pen, which also has a small battery powered flashlight. Unfortunately I was running out of time and I wasn't able to include the 6 screwdriver bits that come with this, but they would normally be stored in the upper barrel or in the pen tip.

This assignment was really interesting and I definitely feel like I learned a lot about Rhino. The most challenging part was probably the screw on cap, it took me a while to make it work but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Playing with the lights and render effects was a lot of fun, although it took a few tries to make the flashlight look realistic, which I think can be blamed on the way plastic materials work in Rhino. The light couldn't bounce the same way it does on the real thing so I had to place my lights much further down rather than on the actual light bulb.






Comments