03.) Milestone Project 1: Stacked Slices (Progress)

 It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do for this project, at first i considered making a small model guitar or a book shelf for my desk, then I realized I could fix a problem I've been dealing with for a while; my projector (more specifically, the fact that it always has to sit on top of its box to be high enough, and that's not safe.)

The concept is a stand/case with a shelf that can store essentials like the remote, lens cap, cords, etc. I started by measuring the projector itself and mapping out the locations of the lens, outlets, vents, and buttons. I tried to be precise, but I plan to leave some extra space around all of those for ease of access.

Unfortunately because I spent so much time measuring and making a model of the projector for reference I only have the bare essentials modelled at this point, I'm very aware that it looks boring right now, but I plan to add in some more interesting shapes/ play with the form of the exterior when I slice it. The decorative aspects should be a much quicker process now that I have this base to work from. If I have enough time, I'd like to find a way to make the height adjustable, maybe with removable parts, just in case I ever want to use it somewhere other than where I keep it now.






Comments